[mythtv-users] B&W Picture and Channels off....

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue Mar 18 07:07:58 UTC 2003

grozio at buffalo.edu wrote:
> Can you explain how to do this in greater detail? I am completely new
> to linux and the experience I have gained in the last week setting up
> mythTV is great. I had a bunch of problems at first, but just got sound
> working OK and after I get this fixed have only a few small things left
> to tweak.  Thanks.

The short answer is to add these lines to /etc/modules.conf

options bttv            tuner=2
options tuner           type=2

There is more information about the bttv driver with the
kernel source in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/video4linux/bttv

If you don't have this or need more information:

http://bytesex.org/bttv/

Hope this helps,

--  bjm