[mythtv-users] DVD in myth TV

Thor Johnson thormj at ieee.org
Tue Mar 18 15:46:47 UTC 2003

>>How does ogle deal with hollywood DVDs?  And does libdvdcss provide
>>adequate support?  More accurately...can I toss my DVD player out the
>>window?

>That's my plan.  I've tried it on a few of CD's  "Sweet Home Alabama",
>"CaddyShack", "Shallow Hal", and "Where the Heart Is"  They all worked.

I ran into problems with MIB (1, region 1, widescreen) using ALSA.  Using
OSS-Emulation solved the problem with the last release.  I was helping them
debug it but somehow I managed to botch ALSA and I can't get the latest
version to compile, but I'll figure it out eventually  (I want digital-out
on my SPDIF).

So far, I really like mplayer -dvd 1.  For most of my discs it
"just plays the movie" without having to watch/skip intro's, FBI warnings,
et al.... It doesn't do AC3/DTS passthru, but I need a receiver first ;)

-Thor