[mythtv-users] problem installing XML::Twig

Edward Wildgoose edward.wildgoose at frmhedge.com
Sun Mar 23 20:38:29 UTC 2003

> I'm trying to install MythTV as per the docs on the website but I have
> run into a problem when installing XML::Twig. I've included the output
> below. I know absolutely nothing about CPAN but it looks like it is
> looking for a file on the ftp server that doesn't exist. Is this a
> problem with the way I've set up CPAN or with the entry in the CPAN
> database?

Looks like a CPAN problem.  Quit and try again.

The issue seems to be that the author name is corrupt and has a space in it.
This is being seen as an option to ftp, etc.

If the problem persists then try going to http://search.cpan.org find your
package, download it manually.  There are instructions on manual install on
CPAN, I don't have the details to hand, but basically unzip/untar, perl
Makefile.pl, make, make test, make install, finished