[mythtv-users] patching OS X mplayer

Cedar McKay cedarmckay at mac.com
Sat Mar 29 21:14:43 UTC 2003

> Right now in Fink we're using the arts <-> esound bridge, rather than
> the native CoreAudio driver since it has some lockup issues we've been
> unable to track down.
>
> On the bright side, if you get something worked out, I'd be happy to
> make fink packages of the mythtv frontend.  I use MythTV at home on my
> linux box and (obviously) use Fink too.  :)

I would be thrilled if you got this working!

Gregorio, I tried to use your patch with fink, but ran into trouble
right away.

upon trying to get fink to download mplayer:
curl -f -L -s -S -O
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/MPlayer-0.90rc1.tar.bz2
curl: (22) The requeste### execution of curl failed, exit code 22
Downloading the file "MPlayer-0.90rc1.tar.bz2" failed.

going to http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/ there are only rc4
and rc5 tarballs there, no rc1 which is what fink seems to want. I
guess I'll have to wait until fink updates their package, and then beg
you for an updated patch.

best,
cedar