[mythtv-users] Problem with mythfilldatabase & tv_grab_na

Joe Schmidt joe_schmidt at nospammail.net
Fri May 2 14:41:35 EDT 2003

I've recently built a Gentoo distribution on a new system, and so far,
so good. I've installed all of the pre-requisites to MythTV, and I've
used the portage file to install MythTV itself. Since the Gentoo version
of xmltv is one minor release too low (and I worried that might be the
cause of my problem), I built it myself. The same problem comes up
whether I use the MythTV setup or tv_grab_na --configure  (I live in
Eastern United States).

After answering the first three questions, after I enter my zip code, I
receive the following messages:

getting list of providers for postal/zip code 07103, be patient...
zap2it top level web page doesn't have a zipcode form

When I run mythfilldatabase, I receive several errors, stating that two
config files don't exist. Here are the errors:

/usr/bin/tv_grab_na: Config file (myhomedir)/.mythtv/.xmltv does not
exist, run me with --configure
/usr/bin/tv_grab_na: Config file /root/.mythtv/Cable.xmltv does not
exist, run me with --configure

I suspect that the zap2it error prevents the config file from ever being
generated. I tried to search the archives for a similar problem, but was
unable to find anything. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how I could
remedy this.

Thanks,

Joe