[mythtv-users] More on my deinterlacing / fullscreen issue

Ben Davis ben at xsusio.com
Sun May 4 11:43:06 EDT 2003

Ok I'm finding out more and more as I troubshoot this, but still have
not come to an answer.

Here's the current situation.  When I press "f" to get MythTV into
fullscreen (which it starts in by default) it simply maximizes the
window (keeping the window decoration and panel).

The picture looks crappy though, as if it were a badly shuffled deck of
cards -- sort of like the screen is devided into lots of tiny horiz.
lines and they are all not lined up correctly.  If I hit the
"un-maximize" button, the window stays the same size, but is now
moveable (as expected).. here's the wierd part... when I move this
window about 10 pixels down and to the left the picture looks
better again...  The picture also looks normal when it is in a small
window (non-scaled).

I'm not even sure whether or not it's actually a deinterlacing issue
now. I'm wondering if this is some sort of scaling issue,  but I have no
idea.  If anyone has any insight on this please let me know.