[mythtv-users] ntsc video out

Chris Palmer mythtv at zencow.com
Sun May 4 15:21:57 EDT 2003

what card are you using?  nvtv doesn't support all the nvidia
cards, yet (I can't use it).

Here's the Device and Screen sections I use (which forces NTSC-M)
for dual output.  The MetaModes option is what let's me cycle thru
the Monitor-only, Monitor+TV, and TV-only modes using Ctrl-Alt-Plus
and -Minus.  I expect to use the SVideo output later, but have
commented it out for now.  I'm only using one resolution to keep
things simple (1024x768).

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "NVidia Desktop"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        Option          "NoLogo"        "1"
        Option          "TwinView"      "1"
        Option          "SecondMonitorHorizSync"        "30-50"
        Option          "SecondMonitorVertRefresh"      "60"
        Option          "MetaModes"     "1024x768,NULL;1024x768,1024x768;NULL,1024x768"
        Option          "TwinViewOrientation"   "Clone"
        ## due to nvidia bug, have to list next option as ",TV" not "CRT,TV"
        Option          "ConnectedMonitor"      ",TV"
        Option          "TVStandard"    "NTSC-M"
        ##Option        "TVOutFormat"   "SVIDEO"
        Option          "TVOutFormat"   "COMPOSITE"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier      "Desktop Screen"
        Device          "NVidia Desktop"