[mythtv-users] Frontend only box for my daughter's PC...

JC johnmythtv at crombe.com
Mon May 5 14:47:33 EDT 2003

Hi,

My daughter has as lightweight PC (P2 350) in her bedroom that she'd love to
be able to dual-boot into Linux to watch the shows she's recorded on the
main Myth box.  She doesn't need (or have) a TV out card, tuner, remote,
etc.

Is there a simple ISO / RPM that I can install that will give her a basic
front-end?  It seems like once you eliminate the tuner, lirc and video out,
plus only have the front-end, shouldn't that be pretty generic across boxes?

If not, or if it might take too much CPU for her h/w, then maybe I should go
with converting the recorded videos to AVIs that she can play by booting
into her existing Windows box and playing from there?

Thanks!
JC

BTW, I'm using the current CVS on my main box w/Mandrake 9.1 and it's
working great.