[mythtv-users] Could it be a problem with xv ??

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Tue May 6 08:58:00 EDT 2003

At 08:04 AM 5/6/2003 -0500, Ben Davis wrote:
>Ok,  I've finally found out it most likeley IS a problem with XV... I just
>downloaded OGLE dvd player, and I have the exact same
>fullscreen/crappy-looking issues.
>
>Is there anyone out there that may have any experience with XV that can
>help me troubleshoot this problem? or should I *gasp* email the xv lists?

If you know of any "xv lists", I'd be interested in references to them.

As to your problem ... I went back over your prior messages (all the ones I
still had, anyway) and I notice that you haven't reported any details about
your video-out setup ... like what version of X, what X server, and what
actual video card are involved. (Also what Linux distro.)

I don't know whether you will be able to get help here or not. I do know
you won't be able to get help anywhere without providing those details. xv
implementations are X-server specific, so any problem is most likely tied
to your particular server/card combo.