[mythtv-users] Echostar Receiver and changing channels

Timon, John john.timon at labatt.com
Tue May 6 17:00:10 EDT 2003

	When I first started playing with having a home grown PVR, I
remember coming across a web site that had cable pinouts for serial
connections to various satellite receivers.

	Here is my setup, Athlon XP1700 running myth on debian, nvidia tv
out and nvidia (philips) capture, and an ExpressVU receiver (built by
echostar).  How do you others with satellite receivers tune channels.  I
suppose I could wire up an IR blaster to go with the LIRC reciever I have
running, but I would prefer trying the serial connection to the receiver
first.

	Any information that you can provide on how to tune my satellite
dish would be really appreciated.

	thanks in advance

JOhn