[mythtv-users] PVR-250/350 and MiniITX?

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Wed May 7 12:43:24 EDT 2003

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 09:05:01AM -0700, Cheng Zhou wrote:
> Now that WinTV PVR-250/350 support has been added to MythTV, I'm hoping that I
> may finally realize my dream of building a Mini-ITX based PVR. I just can't
> stand the noisy CPU fans that accompany most modern processors so I
> figure that this calls for a passive-cooled CPU solution. Anyway, I
> would greatly appreciate any feedback and experiences on building a
> MiniITX based MythTV box, particularly one based on the new PVR-250/350
> support.

The cpu requirements of mythtv place it just out of reach of the fanless
epia m class computers. Get the mpeg accelleration going on the
castelrock graphics driver and you may have something.

But you are right. The wintv pvr 250 brings the bar closer.

Erik Hovland
mail: erik at hovland.org
web: http://hovland.org/
PGP/GPG public key available on request