[mythtv-users] well, I got it (mostly) working...

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sat May 10 00:28:35 EDT 2003

> I'd recommend running MythTV in a more lightweight window manager (i.e.
> blackbox, fluxbox), especially if you're going to use it as a
> standalone. No need for the extra bloat of a large wm (Not just
> code/memory footprint, but also extra features like this that get in the
> way)

yeah, makes sense.  I'm just not particularly familiar with hooking them
up in redhat.  more playing around, I guess.

> Check out keys.txt

aha, thanks.   still doesn't look quite right.  but I think it's now the
video codec.

> Why not try it? Go into the EPG, tell it to start recording something
> that's playing now, and then back out, and the try to watch TV.

well, I tried.  my recording never appeared, and the tv worked fine.

ok, on to another question...   I've tried to compile mythmusic and
mythweather, but both result in:

make: *** No rule to make target `/mkspecs/linux-g++/qmake.conf', needed
by `Makefile'.  Stop.

the file is right there in /usr/lib/qt-3.1/ so I'm not quite
understanding what I'm missing.  I don't use QT/KDE, so I'm new to
compiling software for it.  any help?

-Chris