[mythtv-users] Choppy A/V with K6-2 400 frontend system

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sun May 11 15:47:05 EDT 2003

> Van: Aran Cox <spin at avalon.net>
>
> ..ensuring that DMA was enabled
> on the HD I played a divx 640x480 file with mplayer and it worked fine
> using xvideo extensions.  No choppiness and the audio was fine.
>
> ..After all that, mythtfrontend fires up fine and I can do everything
> including looking at the previews in the watch tv section, deleting
> recordings, etc.
>
> ..However, the playback is choppy in a very odd way, it plays fine for a
> second maybe two, then lurches to a halt then plays for a second or two
> and lurches again.

Can you try playing a divx with mplayer from a network device mounted on
the MythTV backend? It might lead to something. It could be that the video
card already fills the PCI-bus almost entierly. BTW, it could also be that
mplayer knows better ways to talk to the GATOS driver or something.

	Henk Poley <><