[mythtv-users] Channel changing help

Douglas Straub des2 at mindspring.com
Sun May 11 08:37:16 EDT 2003

Hi,
    I cannot seem to get MythTV to correctly tune to any TV channels.
My setup:
    Shuttle SS40G, Athlon 1700+
    ATI Wonder VE video card
    Redhat 8.0
    Broadcast TV.
    Tried version 0.8 and CVS.
Whenever I startup mythfrontend, and change channels, I get nothing but
blue static.  If I start up xawtv(which works), and tune it to channel
X, then exit xawtv and start mythfrontend and watch live tv, it
initially diplays channel X, looks good.  Pausing works too.

I have reinstalled several times with a blank slate.  mythfilldatabase
does not complain at all.

So, somehow mythtv does not seem to be setting/changing the channel. Any
ideas/help would be appreciated.  Thanks, Doug