[mythtv-users] suggested hardware?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Sun May 11 11:47:54 EDT 2003

> btw, how do you find out what ATA spec. is used? I never seen it mentioned
> on webshops (as opposed to hardrives) or benchmarks. You will probably need
> to check the manufacterers site?

yeah, for the most part.  it's getting quite annoying finding one,
actually (I'd love to know if any of you out there find one of ata-66 or
better)..   the asus one would be AWESOME:

http://www.asus.com.tw/optical/dvd-e616/overview.htm

unfortunately, I can't seem to find one for sale in the US (though
international prices list it as about U$50)

I've found one brand of ata-66 dvd drives via http://froogle.google.com
but I hadn't heard of it, and don't trust it.  I think that
directron.com also lists full specs on the stuff they sell (though
beware, they tend to be overpriced on some items).

-Chris