[mythtv-users] Mixed dual/tripple/etc. tuner systems

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Sun May 11 17:15:10 EDT 2003

I've had 2 like cards (Hauppauge 401s)for about 2 months with no problems.
A couple weeks ago I added a third card (Hauppauge PVR 250).  It seems
to be working, but with limitations...

If you are willing to have the 250 record at the same resolution as the
others, its fine.  But in my case since I have relatively slow
dual P2-450s, I can't encode at a very high resolution onthe 401s
(640x240), but I could use 592x480 on the 250 since there is almost
no recording cpu load; 592 is the max I can replay.

What I'm starting to snoop around for is a hooking point in the code to
create a new profile (call it PVR250) and anytime that card
is used to have it use that profile instead of LiveTV or Default.
I see the early evidence that profiles can be adjusted by program,
but I don't see anything yet to adjust profiles by capture card.

I haven't studied the applicable code much yet, but hopefully it won't
be too much work...

Brian