[mythtv-users] commercial skipping recorded shows

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun May 11 18:30:46 EDT 2003

> > Given that you are referring to seeing these problems after
> > the recording has finished, you're right, that hasn't been
> > addressed.
>
> The most likely thing is that the commercial finding thread hasn't finished,
> or wasn't allowed to finish for some reason.

The backend would have had to have died since the blank frame map is written inside of
tv_rec.cpp before the commercial flagging thread gets fired off.  I think the problem
is a missing seektable, but don't think enough info has been given to answer that.

Can anyone experiencing this problem please verify whether normal fast-forward
and rewind work correctly/quickly?  I mean both the 5 & 30 second ffwd/rewind as
well as the 10-minute jumps.  If these are slow as well that points to the seektable
right?  If they are not slow but commercial skipping still is, then check the
recordedmarkup table to see if any rows exist for the chanid and starttime of
the affected program.  There should be lots of '3' rows and a small equal number of
'4' and '5' rows.  '3' indicates blank frame, '4' indicates commercial break start, and
'5' indicates commercial break end.

If regular fast-forward and rewind is also slow, then you can start looking into the
code to try to determine why you don't have a seektable.

Chris