[mythtv-users] two and one

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed May 14 21:00:34 EDT 2003

Chris Petersen wrote:
>>What MythTV does that the product don't do, and likely never
>>will do, is use one scheduler for any number of tuners and
>>allow the same list of recordings to be viewed from any screen
>>(TV or computer monitor).
>

> Not true:  http://moxi.com/
>
> oh, wait, this is like the biggest vaporware of last year.

;-) They demo'ed it here in Las Vegas last year then sort of
died out. They were promoting multiple thin client frontends
but AFAIK they would still only support one tuner on one
master. Ultimate TV had a dual tuner system but I have no
interest in products from that company. Replay TV can 'share'
files between machines but each machine has an independent
scheduler (and a horribly brain dead scheduler at that).

Somebody may steal ideas from MythTV someday then Isaac can
sue and live happily ever after =).

--  bjm