[mythtv-users] two and one

Clint Byrum cbyrum at spamaps.org
Thu May 15 00:33:33 EDT 2003

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 02:08:24AM -0400, Pierre-Olivier Bouchard wrote:
> Clint Byrum wrote:
>
> >I took a different approach than other people did. My setup:
> >
> >Backend:
> >Dual Athlon MP1900+ (Tyan S2466N-4M) running Debian sid.
> >512MB PC2100
> >80GB 7200rpm Maxtor ATA/133 Drive.
> >Hauppage WinTV connected to Hughes DirecTV "Oh my god thats a cheap
> >receiver" receiver.
> >IR solution: ????? I need some sort of solution, more on this in another
> >post. Can't change channels right now :( .
> >

> What kind of storage are you using on this machine? Onboard IDE (or
> SCSI?), or an add-in board?

I'm using the onboard AMD768 ATA/100 controller to drive the single 80GB
7200rpm Maxtor drive. I have a 25GB XFS partition for videos for now. Once I
find some more people willing to pay me for sysadmin/development work,
I'll be able to afford some more storage.

What I'd love to do would be to get 3 or 4 huge drives... maybe 100 or
120GB drives, and set them up with lvm.

OT, but .. if anybody is looking for a good sysadmin/network
engineer/software developer... http://spamaps.org/files/resume.html .