[mythtv-users] EPG Scrolling slow

Clint Byrum cbyrum at spamaps.org
Thu May 15 22:48:23 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 21:34, Jeff C wrote:

[snip]

> >Might want to try a different color blending method -- go into
> >TV->Setup->Program Guide, and play around with the 'Guide Shading Method'
> >setting.  The default (Colorized alpha) is pretty slow if you don't have a
> >video card that does accellerated RENDER stuff.  Won't look as nice, but if
> >you're displaying on a TV, you shouldn't notice a difference.
>
> Hi Issac, thanks I'll try that.  I have a Geforce2 MX card with 64MB on it
> but I haven't done a damn thing to optimize my settings for X, just
> installed the latest NVidia driver.  Any tips on where to optimize things?

The latest Nvidia drivers do XRENDER acceleration with this:

Option "RenderAccel" "1"

In the same section of the XF86Config file where you specify  Driver
"nvidia".

You also have to do this if you want any reasonable performance of Gnome
2.x at high resolutions. :-P

--
Clint Byrum <cbyrum at spamaps.org>