[mythtv-users] Sell mythtv "set-top" boxes

Jon Hoyt samika at myrealbox.com
Thu May 15 23:02:45 EDT 2003

You could offer a pre-assembled HTPC box in a nice case 'ready to install
your pvr software of choice'.  Then you could call it 'Myth compatible' and
include a Linux distro all set up for Myth on a CD.   The purchaser could
then install Myth with the understanding they would be supporting it
themselves, or they could install Windows and Showshifter or any other
software they wanted.

The Myth user would be getting proven hardware and the knowledge that there
were others out there with the same set up, but it would still be a
'project' and they would be supporting it themselves.  Your market would
still be do-it-yourselfers, but much less experience would be necessary to
get started.  I think there are lots of people out there that would love a
'kit' like this.