[mythtv-users] Fanless HW for MythTV?

Clint Byrum cbyrum at spamaps.org
Fri May 16 14:58:14 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 13:06, Marius Kjeldahl wrote:
> I've read about VIA and Hush chassis, but could anybody with actual experience
> with MythTV and fanless hardware share some of their experiences? And I'm
> guessing such a box with a WinTV 250/350 would be the ideal living room setup
> currently, right?

I'd think you would have more success getting a quiet, fanless living
room PC with a split backend/frontend. Put the giant hard drives and
fans in the closet, and a little Via C3 with no hard drive (boot from CD
... Knoppix might work well) out there.

With my current setup, I'm already considering taking the hard drive out
of my frontend box. That would leave only the PSU and CPU fan, neither
of which I can hear from the couch. ;)

--
Clint Byrum <cbyrum at spamaps.org>