[mythtv-users] network booting/diskless mythfrontend box

Wally wally at satx.rr.com
Fri May 16 21:16:48 EDT 2003

I really want to go diskless with my frontend, but I can't find a good
microatx motherboard that will pxe boot. I guess I could buy a nic card
and an eeprom, but I would rather have it be supported on board. I was
using an asus a7n266-vm which turns out to have been a horrible purchase
because I can't underclock or undervolt it to run silent and the bios
sucks and won't boot over the network. I also tried a pcchips m758lmr
board and put linuxbios on it, but the cpu usage even on a celeron
1.2ghz was too much to run mythfrontend. For some reason on that board X
would take up 30-50% cpu when playing video - the board did network boot
though.
So...
Can someone recommend a good microatx board to run in my frontend? I
have both an xp 1700 and a celeron 1.2 laying around so intel/amd
doesn't matter. All I care about is build in network booting. I am
posting this hoping someone has personal experience with diskless myth.

 Thanks all!