[mythtv-users] MythTV Backend Stuffed Up From Mouse Movement

Alexander Alekseev a_alekseev at hotmail.com
Sat May 17 03:59:53 EDT 2003

I've had a lot of trouble getting my MTV system running as something
would constantly lock up after a little LiveTV. Well, I recently noticed
the following:

Load mythbackend, load mythfrontend, watch LiveTV, it starts recording
and playing. Now if I move the mouse, I get "mythbackend stuffed up
ringbufferblock". If I don't move the mouse AT ALL, it keeps recording
indefinitely (I've let it go 2 hours and everything was fine. As soon as
the mouse moves, that's it!)

Now I'm a novice at linux so if there's any info I need to post here,
please let me know the commands.

Thanks!

Shuttle SV25 / 512MB RAM / 40GB WD / PVR-250