[mythtv-users] Filesize and seek speed

Brett Profitt brettmyth at narnarnar.com
Sat May 17 23:47:15 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-05-17 at 21:36, Isaac Richards wrote:
[snip]
> > Also, I'm having some problems with seeking through the video files.
> > Doing the commercial skip takes nearly 2 minutes to complete, and
> > fastforwarding with Page Up 20 minutes takes nearly as long...any ideas?
>
> Using what version of mythtv?  Only reason seeks would be taking long would be
> that there wasn't a seektable in the file, and the only way that should
> happen is if the recording didn't finish for some reason.

Using the cvs version of everything.  I will check tonight to see if for
some reason the backend is ending before the record is complete, but the
current logs don't show anything suggesting that...

A bit off topic, but..
I was wondering also if anyone has been having sound quality problems in
any of the versions?  I'm using a mini-to-mini from my tuner card to the
mic input of my soundcard...the line in yielded horrible results.
Basically the problem is everything is very, very quiet, but all the
levels are turned up as loud as possible without distorting quality or
getting a whine.  If any outside sounds play while mythtv isn't running,
they're so loud the neighbors pound on the walls, but still the line tv
is barely audible, and the recorded shows are quieter still...

I'm using a debian system with alsa...

Brett