[mythtv-users] monitoring mythbackend and other questions...

Steve Davidson smdavidson at belugasoftware.com
Sun May 18 00:30:51 EDT 2003

I've been using MythTV for a few days now and am really pleased with the
project.  I am curious, however, to know if there is any way to monitor
the status/current state of the backend server?  I haven't seen any way
to check what mythbackend is up to short of looking for actively
updating files in the video directory.

Also, is there any way to manually control the recording process?  I
would like to be able to record a 5 minute segment without twiddling
about with MySQL; is this do-able?

Along those lines, is it possible to *stop* a recording in process,
short of deleting it?

Sorry for the newbie questions - if answers are available elsewhere,
please let me know.