[mythtv-users] PVR 250 remote working but not with Myth yet

Jeffrey Brent McBeth mcbeth at broggs.org
Mon May 19 13:04:41 EDT 2003

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 02:52:47PM -0300, Jeff C wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I now have the remote with my PVR 250 working (its the newer, light grey
> model with the yellow and blue extra buttons).  lircd is running fine and
> using irw from the lirc package I can have it report back to stdout that
> the buttons are being pressed etc and it all looks good.
>
> I have copied the lircrc file from the ivtv utils directory to my personal
> homedir as .lircrc and then fired up myth but I don't seem to be able to
> use the remote.  Did I miss a step?  Its so close I can taste it.  Once I
> get this going the box goes in to the living room :)

Make sure you are firing up irxevent
Also, make sure that .lircrc matches what you think is going on.  IIRC, the
lircd channel up button is called CH+, but lircrc references a different
name.  "irw" is your friend.

Jeff

Computer Science is as much about computers as astronomy is about telescopes
	-- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra (1930-2002)