[mythtv-users] Unsupress a recording

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Mon May 19 15:10:50 EDT 2003

Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
 > I'm currently working the kinks out of a patch to allow this behavior --
 > namely, flagging a single instance of a show for recording even if it
is a
 > duplicate, and also turning off duplicate checking for all instances of a
 > scheduled recording.

It seems to me that a solution for this and other problems
would be to have single record ignore other considerations
like oldrecorded and the record type of the series and simply
record that episode. If you mark a showing for single record
it should record that showing. This probably should have been
the default behavior all along. This solution wouldn't involve
any database or GUI changes. Only some logic changes in the
scheduler.

I can see the value in marking a series to record all showings.
Another feature I would find useful is a single negate recording.
I sometimes know I don't want to record a showing but don't want
to change the series to 'don't record' then have to remember to
find it and add it again after the unwanted showing has past.

--  bjm