[mythtv-users] Audio Card ??? Soundblaster Live 5.1 ? Thoughts/comments?

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Tue May 20 16:42:09 EDT 2003

At 11:18 AM 5/20/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>From: "Mike Drons" <mdrons at ins.com>
>Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 10:38:01 -0400
> > Does anyone have any thoughts on this audio card?  I am looking to replace
> > my on board VIA card with the Sound blaster Live 5.1.
>
>I started off with a Fortissimo card and I experience problems with
>recording and playing back at the same time ("full-duplex").  I then
>switched to the Soundblaster Live and haven't had any problems since.

I just took my ES1371 card out and dropped in an SBLive 5.1 card.  I have
to say I haven't seen any difference at all.  I am using the stock drivers,
perhaps I should install ALSA?  I am having issues with live TV being jumpy
and I suspect audio but haven't had any confirmation.  What drivers are
others using with their SBLive cards and RH9?

-Jeff