[mythtv-users] [OT] Pundit Questions....

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed May 21 09:42:05 EDT 2003

> I'm starting to write off the Pundit. I don't think that the video is up
> to the task. Video is pretty choppy. Mythtv/LiveTV is choppy as well as
> DiVX 5 files I've saved from DVD. All works well on my other systems...
> I'm going to continue to look for video improvements, but it's not
> entertainment center quality yet...

what proc are you using?  Also, do you have an optical drive plugged in?

I found that the 2.0 celeron was a bit slow for me (though it worked
fine at the default 480x480 settings).

If you have an optical drive, most of them are only ata-33.  Because
there's only one IDE channel, this means that your hard drive will also
only be running at ATA-33.  I had to unplug my cdrw to get things to
work properly, and it will continue to be unplugged until I can find an
ata-66 or better dvd drive.

Also, turn up your video memory in the bios to 64 megs, and bump up the
pipe and other shared RAM to 256 or so.

-Chris