[mythtv-users] Setting cache on Mplayer for live TV?

Rob Rogers rob at wizardstower.net
Thu May 22 00:04:47 EDT 2003

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 23:19:00PM -0300, Jeff C wrote:
> Is there anyway I can pass in a -cache 8192 argument for Mplayer to use
> when I watch LiveTV with it on Myth?  That seems to smooth out my skipping
> issue.

Myth does NOT use mplayer. (Other than via the mythvideo module, but I'm
pretty sure that's not what you're asking about)

Not sure where that misconseption comes from, but seems like every other
Myth newbie asks a question about it... let me just repeat it one more
time. Myth does NOT use mplayer. When you're watching live TV, that is
the Myth player.