[mythtv-users] PixelView PlayTV PVR, anyone able to get this to work?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu May 22 14:46:07 EDT 2003

Sounds like you might be a victim of a common problem:  same card model,
different chips.  This is known with newly-purchased Hauppauge cards; it may
be the case with you PixelView card as well.  Basically, the manufacturer
changes the chip on the card, but doesn't change the model number.   So,
while older versions of your card may have used a BT878 chip, it looks like
yours has the new Conexant chip that isn't supported yet by V4L.

Actually, now that I read your message again, I'm not sure that it is a
'switcharoo'... the model number (PV-CS883PL+/CX881PL+) clearly seems to
indicate a Conexant chipset... I think you may have goofed on your purchase.
Don't take my work for it, but if you can return the card that might be the
best option.  Either that, or wait for V4L support for the new Conexant
chip.

Keep in mind that I'm not an expert; I'm just regurgitating things I've seen
in this mailing list before.

-JAC

PS- Please post in plain text in the future