[mythtv-users] Channel changing on from mythtv ideas

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Fri May 23 14:52:08 EDT 2003

Did *lots* of searching on the net... I can't even begin to imagine
asking Comcast or Motorola for specs on the box... besides, there's a
nice note in the manual for the cable box stating, "DO NOT CONNECT TO
YOUR PC!"  I don't expect that Tivo would give away the code either,
since they're probably under NDA from Motorola... ;)

Most importantly, I figure that if the info comes from sniffing, then
it's true reverse engineering, pretty much clean-room stuff, and thus
not very likely to run afoul of any existing statutes (DMCA, RIAA, MPAA,
etc...)  Or maybe I'm just paranoid... ;)

	-I