[mythtv-users] business use of mythtv

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Sat May 24 02:27:26 EDT 2003

Wally wrote:

>I support a large organization that needs to keep track of news
>broadcasts. Right now they have 10 13" tv/vcr comboes and a room full of
>cassettes (over 1000).

heh :).

>Would the standard hauppauge be best or a pvr?

PVR creates rather large files (MPEG2), I think, so maybe a fatter
machine and a standard card would save you money later for archiving.
Depending on how long you need to archive (assuming forever).

>Also, if anyone here would want to work on a project for doing this I could probably get a budget approved that would be worth your while.

Yes, I would be interested in this, because I am a self-employed custom
software developer. I am not sure what kind of "budget" you're thinking
of, we could talk about that per email, if you're interested. However,
I'd think that somebody else who did more work for MythTV would deserve
this more than me.