[mythtv-users] Install tips for RH9 and PVR250 owners for Myth

Pete Hartman mythtv at elmegil.net
Sun May 25 00:13:05 EDT 2003

At 01:24 PM 5/24/03 -0300, Jeff C wrote:
>6. GET AND INSTALL THE LATEST NVIDIA DRIVERS

One thing I'd like to add to Jeff's verbage here (are you taking edits
Jeff? :-):  he omits the section of his XF86Config file that deals with
Modules.  The README (under /usr/share/docs/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0) notes that you
have to not only add the new glx module (which appears to be automatic) but
remove any old modules that were related to your previous driver (the
README lists particular ones, so don't worry if you don't know what ones
might be related).  In particular, I had 'Load "dri"' in my Modules section
and it was causing bizarre things like the desktop icons being invisible,
menu items not showing up until you moused over them or not at all, etc.

Wasn't a huge problem, not hard to find the right solution, but I figured
I'd point it out for completeness.

I haven't gotten any further in the instructions, but they have been a
great help so far in my first build :-)  Thanks Jeff!