[mythtv-users] Autostart irxevent and mythfrontend?

Jeremy Oddo joddo at apixels.net
Sun May 25 16:30:09 EDT 2003

Justin Hunt said:
> Well.. i am close... except for the part that myth crashes now when i
> watch tv... i have it auto logging into kde, after that point, i put a
> file called start into the .kde/Autostart folder  it contains
> #!/bin/bash
> /usr/local/bin/mythbackend &
> /usr/local/bin/mythfrontend
>
> after i chmod+x that file and it starts it... but now for some reason
> myth freaks when i hit watch tv... ... ill keep you posted if i get it
> to wokr... gonna try and redirect its output somehow...

Do something like this:

/usr/local/bin/mythfrontend > ~/mythfrontend.log 2>&1

After checking my redirect file, I got this:

QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
QSqlDatabase warning: QMYSQL3 driver not loaded
QSqlDatabase: available drivers:
Unable to open database:
Driver error was:
Driver not loaded
Database error was:
Driver not loaded

NOW, using the excellent searchable archives at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi, I got some more
information that got me on the right path.  The thread that helped me is:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/mailarc/gforum.cgi?post=50174;search_string=QSqlDatabase%20warning%3A%20QMYSQL3%20driver%20not%20loaded;guest=526270&t=search_engine#50174

Anyway, seems I need to add "export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3" at the top of your
script!  I also need to put a "sleep 10" after launching mythbackend and
before mythfrontend.

Works great now :)

Jeremy