[mythtv-users] Remote frontend sound problems

Ken VanDine ken at bizrace.com
Mon May 26 00:12:48 EDT 2003

I am trying to perfect my home media system... and get a little frustrated.
Here is my setup:

-Gentoo Master backend
   -wintv
-Redhat 9 frontend/slave backend
   -pvr-250
-laptop redhat 9 frontend
   -no capture card

-NFS mounts for recordings and ring buffers are local.
-Using the latest alsa drivers

The master backend works like a champ, and the laptop worked great as a
frontend until it's hard drive died.  The slave backend/frontend works fine
when it is running as it's own master.  When it is acting as a slave and
frontend there is no sound.  Also, if I don't run the backend at all on the
redhat 9 box and just using it as a remote frontend to the master there is
no sound.  It also behaves the same for both playing recordings or live-tv.
Mythfrontend gets these errors when connecting to the master backend:

<snip>
open: No such file or directory