[mythtv-users] xmltv and German umlauts

Ralf Haller ralf at brap.de
Mon May 26 18:45:53 EDT 2003

Ben Bucksch wrote:

> Ralf Haller wrote:
>
>> Warning: Source file 20030526_516.xml.xml had errors, I have to
>> delete it
>

> I don't know why that is. (The additional ".xml" is a bug in the text
> only, I think, ignore it.) Obviously, there's something wrong with the
> file (it's empty or trncated or not converted properly or the like),
> but I don't know why and what. Are you sure that you followed all the
> instructions precisely, incl. requirements? In particular, does your
> sed support the -i option?

Yes, sed support the -i option.

When viewing the file
http://tvmovie.kunde.serverflex.info/onlinedata/xml-gz/20030526_001.xml.gz
with IE (sorry, I'm at work right now) I get:

- <Sendung>
  <SendungID>2798516</SendungID>
  <Titel>Fliege - Die Talkshow</Titel>
  <Datum>2003-05-26</Datum>
  <Zeit>16:00:00</Zeit>
  <Dauer>60</Dauer>
+ <Flags>
  <stereo />
  <telefon />
  </Flags>
  <Showview>79-317</Showview>
  <DiffAktualisierung>2</DiffAktualisierung>
  <DiffAenderung>-1</DiffAenderung>
The XML page cannot be displayed

Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error
and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing
resource
'http://tvmovie.kunde.serverflex.info/onlinedata/xml-gz/20030526_001.xml.gz'.
Line 575, Position 26

      <Text>Zum 102. Mal

ss="b" onclick="return false" onfocus="h()" STYLE="visibility:hidden">-
<!-- relations to Info
  -->
- <!-- reference to Film
  -->
- <TVShow>
  <OriginalTitel>Albtraum Eigenheim</OriginalTitel>
  <Jahr>0</Jahr>
  <FSK>0</FSK>

There seems to be an error in the file. Can you reproduce that effect?

Ralf