[mythtv-users] Re:No Sound, please advise

Matthew Bettencourt matt at ssc.usm.edu
Mon May 26 16:40:50 EDT 2003

I finally got the audio to work(req's the alsa driver), now I have two problems.

1, the sound is lower quality than when it is in passthru mode... Now if I turn
it to med volume on the video source it works better, but not good..  Is it my
audio card (es1371) or my settings?  I am using mp3 audio.

THe second problem is that if I start with mythtv it works fine.  If I start
with mythfrontend and go to watch tv I get the tv window in the back, I have to
minimize the frontend window to view the live tv.  Now, is this because I am
using gnome??

Thanks
Matt