[mythtv-users] Client server over wireless networks

Joe Byrne nospamjoe at nospam.joebyrne.org
Tue May 27 21:53:11 EDT 2003

Wireless performance will vary depending on the RF characteristics of your
environment as well as how you've set up your network.  11b yields about
5Mbps of throughput on an 11Mbps link.  If both client and server are
connected wirelessly and you're using an access point rather than an ad hoc
network, divide that 5 in half (half the bandwidth goes to transmitting from
server to AP and half from AP to client).  If one is connected by wire to
the AP or you're in ad hoc mode, you get the full 5.  5Mbps should be enough
for typical Myth rates.