[mythtv-users] Statusbar in the mythtv viewer mode

Dave Alden alden at math.ohio-state.edu
Wed May 28 09:51:58 EDT 2003

Hi,

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 11:47:57PM -0300, Jeff C wrote:
> At 10:31 PM 5/27/2003 -0400, you wrote:
> >This is normal behavior if you are using kde or gnome.  A lightweight
> >window manager like blackbox suits mythtv much better.  Check around in
> >the archives, and you'll find some threads about this.
>
> Under KDE you can set your task bar to allow windows to "cover" it.  Its a
> desktop setting.  That should solve your issue on KDE.

I prefer to set the panel to autohide (not allowing other windows to cover
it.  This way it is gone most of the time, but if I specifically need it
(i.e., for those rare times I'm having a problem with mythtv), all I need
to do is to move the (invisible :-) mouse to the bottom of the screen and
the panel pops up, allowing me to select the mythbackend terminal window
to see what is happening.  :-)

...dave