[mythtv-users] Re: Record Past the End of a Show Not Working

Jeremy Johnson sp_towelie at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 10:48:06 EDT 2003

Hey Again,

I figured out what was going on with the tv recordings
stuttering a while back and I thought I would let
everyone know what happened, in case anyone
experiences the problems I was having.

It turns out that a lot of the shows I was recording
were beginning and ending at 11pm, 12am, 1am, etc
which is exactly when cron was running. D'oh!  Since I
have an older machine, anything else that goes on in
the background while the computer is recording causes
the video to stutter pretty badly.

So if you are experiencing stuttering video for a
minute or two in your recordings be sure to check cron
to see if it is running anything during that time.

--Jeremy