[mythtv-users] Upgrade recommendation

Joseph Caputo caputo at qedinfo.com
Wed May 28 14:19:54 EDT 2003

I just got an RF keyboard & mouse (http://www.gyration.com - love it!), and
since I had to rebuild my kernel to support USB HID, I figured I'd take the
plunge and upgrade a few other things.  I moved up to ALSA 0.9.3 (no
biggie), plus the latest Nvidia drivers (4363).

For anyone with a GeForce4 MX, the latest drivers are well worth it!  I
upgraded from 4191, and 4363 added overscan support (yay!  no more black
borders!).  And, I might be hallucinating but I'd swear the colors on the
TV-out look great with the new drivers; before they looked washed-out.

So, at least for the GeForce4 MX cards, I'd highly recommend upgrading to
the latest drivers from Nvidia.  Of course, YMMV.  I realize that some
people have had a very tough time getting their TV-out set up properly and
may not want to risk messing with a working setup.

-JAC