[mythtv-users] lirc setup in mandrake 9.1

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Wed May 28 17:26:08 EDT 2003

I'm not getting anywhere with lirc, and I actually just picked up a new OEM
Audigy card (EMU10K2), a WinTV 401 dbx card (Conextant Fusion 878a chipset)
& a black dvdrom drive. I have been able to get none of them working so far
lol. ALSA has yet to support the new EMU10K2 chipset, I have no idea how
other people have gotten this to work, but it must be supported somewhere as
it is the chipset for the Audigy 2 as well. The Wintv 401 878a chipset is
exactly the same as the bt878 apparently pin for pin as Conextant bought
them out, however it has new features to support all that new hdtv crap. My
problem is that I had another bt878 board in there with just a composite in,
and that is still the only option I have in Xawtv so I'm thinking it never
realised I switched boards. The DVDRom I have no idea why it's not working,
It is listed in the Mandrake Control Panel, but I have no idea how to access
it, since now /dev/cdrom is no longer there. I'm starting to think I should
change over to windows for this project, nothing seams to work well in
linux.

Anyway would you recommend a reinstall? Can someone please just give me a
quick run down on how they got lirc to run on mandrake 9.1? Is the built in
lirc installed/running? Do anything different from the myth docs? I really
don't want to have any problems with lirc, I'm fed up with it.