[mythtv-users] MythMusic Basics

rwk at americom.com rwk at americom.com
Thu May 29 11:20:40 EDT 2003

Hi,

Could someone answer some basic questions for me about MythMusic...

I am running mythtv with the frontend and backend on different
machines.  Of course, the database is therefore on the backend.

I would like to understand how MythMusic fits in with the front/back
design.

That is, where do I install what?

Do I install MythMusic on both front and back, then install and manage
the music database on the backend, like mythtv?  In this case is the
audio sent to the frontend over a socket?

Or is MythMusic a frontend only process (i.e., like get the music from
NFS)?  In this case, I don't understand where the database fits.

If there is documentation explaining this, please point me to it.

Thanks for any help.

Dick