[mythtv-users] Help! Changed /etc/modules.conf and now system won't boot

Pete Hartman mythtv at elmegil.net
Thu May 29 23:24:57 EDT 2003

have you tried booting single user mode?  If you're using grub as your
bootloader, it's something like this:

when you get the splash showing you the kernel you can boot, hit e, then
select the kernel you usually boot (if you have more than one) and e again,
add the word "single" at the end of the boot line, I think you hit return,
then "b" for boot.

I have RH9, and Mandrake is based on RH, so I believe that should work for ya.

once you're in single user mode you should be able to re-edit modules.conf
and do an init 6 to reboot with correct
settings.