[mythtv-users] Basic requirements (hardware)

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri May 30 16:34:27 EDT 2003

Hmmm... are you talking full-screen playback, or windowed?  The older,
slower systems (~300-400 MHz) used to come with hardware MPEG decoder boards
that the DVD drive plugged into.  Did you have one of those on your system?
Also, I guess even a slower system would benefit from a modern video card
that supports XV, so it doesn't have to to all the video & scaling in
software.  I dunno... I'd just always heard that 450-500 MHz was kind of the
lower limit for full-screen MPEG decoding/playback, unless you have a
decoder board.

-JAC