[mythtv-users] Another Audio Question, I need to figure this out

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 16:21:31 EDT 2003

Ok I'm kinda lost when it comes to setting up this audio for myth. Is there
any way of figuring out which input to set in setup for the capture card? I
mean I have things like /dev/dsp, /dev/dsp1, /dev/dspW,  /dev/sound/dsp,
etc. Likewise how do I know which one to use for playback? People keep
saying to use the btaudio drivers for inputting into the Wintv 401 capture
card, but what input would that be, i'm so lost.

My main problem is when I'm in KMix and I select my line in for recording
(as I hear audio on that input), and then I select mute, and it does not
mute. So that is pretty useless, is there some other way to mute linein? Is
this why OSS drivers don't work?

In terms of drivers I tried ALSA and my Audigy EMU10K2 chipset isn't
supported as of yet, so I tried to get the EMU10K1 (project on sourceforge)
from the site's and their CVS won't let me login, the project looks like its
dead I dont know how they added support for all the new creative cards when
it hasnt been modified this year. So in terms of drivers I'm stuck with OSS
I guess, I might have through the cheapo sound card in there.