[mythtv-users] X Error: BadWindow - What's up with that?

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 23:14:10 EDT 2003

Here's my next problem, every once in a while when using my remote it stops
working and my backend reports something to the effect of:

X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 25 (X_SendEvent)
Resource id in failed request: 0x240021e
Serial number of fialed request: 245

Once this fails I have to load irxevent again. I'm running 1024x768 display
right now, and a home brewed receiver and transmitter. This error only
happens once in a while when using the remote, and will never happen with
the keyboard.

This happens randomly usually while switching between menu's with the
remote. I had this same problem before I fresh installed Mandrake a couple
days ago. Any ideas?