[mythtv-users] Another Audio Question, I need to figure this out

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Sat May 31 11:49:43 EDT 2003

I am using oss drivers from sourceforge for emu10k1.  I am using the cvs
version not the latest release.  Works well.  I am using an SB Live 5.1
card.  I know that audigy support is built into cvs only, not on the
release.  I like the ability to switch on the fly what outputs I want to
use.  For MythTv for example, I route output to my TV speakers.  For
Mythmusic I route output to my digital speakers.  If you do get it to
work, emu10k1 will use up 2 dsp devices.  You must have these devices
already created.  If you are using Redhat, emu10k1 is built in as a
module but the tools are not available that will allow custom routing.
Ac3 passthrough works as well.

This is an excerpt from the mailing list from Rui Sousa

"

The problem is none of the drivers versions you mentioned (0.19 and
0.20) are supposed to support Audigy2 cards. Only the cvs mainline has
this support (still marked as 0.20a version). The Redhat kernel was
probably patched with cvs mainline changes but still shows and older
driver version.

In any case I don't think there is any really problem, except that I
still need to make an official release of the driver and bump the
version up to 0.21a...
"

Reading the rest of your post. It seems that our setup may be similar.
I also use btaudio.  Here is a copy of my modules.conf if that helps you
out.  It is severely commented for my benefit.

Have Fun